The Nags Head Police Department pursues qualified applicants who are interested in being police officers in Nags Head. If an applicant is qualified, the department will consider both applicants who have no experience and those who are currently police officers both in, and out, of North Carolina. Only applicants who have a North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Certification, or the Out-of-State equivalent, will be considered.
Required for Initial Application
Required Upon Request
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Military Records (if applicable)
- Copy of Military Registration Status (if you are a male ages18 to 25)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- Documentation of Successful Completion of BLET Training (or equivalent)
- Educational Transcripts
- Proof of Educational Attainment (High School or GED Equivalent, etc.)
- Records Release Form (PDF)
If you are interested in applying for employment with the Nags Head Police Department you must fit the following criteria and submit the documentation requested (as laid out on this page).
The Town of Nags Head seeks highly qualified professional and motivated police officer candidates to work in our resort community. The Nags Head Police Department is a modern, well-equipped, full-service law enforcement agency.
- Crime Prevention / Detection / Investigation
- Enforcement of Laws and Ordinances
- Enforcing Traffic Laws and Investigating Accidents
- Protection of Life and Property
- High school graduate or GED with a degree in criminal justice preferred
- NC Basic Law Enforcement Certification required or Law Enforcement Certification from a reciprocal state
- North Carolina Drivers License required
Hiring Range: $47,213-$52,000
Salary consideration may be given for previous law enforcement service. Excellent benefit package included.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Nags Head is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Further information contact the Nags Head Police Department at 252-441-6386.
- Must be twenty years of age or older
- Must never have been convicted of a felony in any state
- Must possess NC Basic Law Enforcement Training Certification.
- Must possess High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a Valid Driver's License
- Out-of-State Applicants please refer to attachment (PDF)
- Training (BLET) certificate or the Out-of-State equivalent