Engineering provides a variety of services relating to the planning, design, management, and construction of the Town's capital improvement projects. Additional services include management of the Town's stormwater management infrastructure with planned maintenance, replacement, and drainage infrastructure improvements.
Construction scheduling and coordination is a critical component in successfully completing capital improvement projects. Construction progress maps and updates to large-scale construction projects are provided on this page to keep our residents and visitors informed of construction activities and related impacts.
FY 23-24 Old Nags Head Place Drainage Restoration Project
The Town of Nags Head recently bid out the Old Nags Head Place Drainage Restoration Project. Four bids were received with Enviro-Tech Unlimited Construction was determined to be the lowest, responsive, and responsible bidder. The next steps involve taking the results to the Board of Commissioners at their October meeting for execution of the construction contract. This will be followed by a pre-construction meeting prior to the commencement of construction which is tentatively scheduled for mid to late October 2023. Additional details on actual construction dates and sequencing will be provided when it becomes available.
Epstein St. Bathhouse Replacement Project to be re-advertised September 2023.
The Epstein St. Bathhouse replacement project has been advertised for bid and will be re-advertised in September 2023. The project will consist of the demolition of existing facilities with construction consisting of a new multi-purpose building w/attached decking, parking lot improvements, on-site wastewater system installation, wood framed dune walkover, associated plumbing and electrical development, pedestrian walkways, and related site and infrastructure improvements. Project construction is anticipated to commence in late-October 2023.
Other Project Work scheduled for FY 23-24
A significant amount of construction project work is scheduled for FY 23-24. The projects require a level of survey, design, permitting, and bidding in advance of construction. The following is the remaining list of project work scheduled for FY 23-24. As the project proceed to design and bidding, additional information will be provided for project scheduling.
- Loggerhead St. dune walkover replacement
- Governor St. dune walkover replacement
- Causeway Estuarine Access Site Pier replacement
- AC watermain replacement along S. Memorial Ave. between E. Eighth St and Driftwood Drive.
- Existing drainage pipe replacements at E. Bittern St./ S. Memorial Ave., E. Abalone St./S. Memorial Ave., E. Gallery Row/S. Memorial Ave., Driftwood Dr./S. Memorial Ave., E. Atlas St./S. Memorial Ave. and E. Albatross St./S. Memorial Ave.
- Street resurfacing along S. Memorial Ave. between E. Bittern St. and E. Eighth St.
- Drainage Improvement Project between E. Hargrove St. and E. Tides Drive
- S. Virginia Dare Trail multi-use pathway rehabilitation project
- Sidewalk improvement projects along S. Seachase Dr. and E. Epstein St.