Low Impact Development Basics for Water Quality Protection Workshops
These workshops are for real estate professionals, homeowner associations, and property owners.
Continuing education credits: Real Estate Professionals will earn 4 elective continuing education credits from the N.C. Real Estate Commission
Workshop Objectives – Participants will learn:
- How land use decisions impact water quality;
- About Low Impact Development (LID) techniques that help protect water quality;
- About the costs and benefits of implementing LID;
- About managing stormwater control measures (SCMs) to meet state and local regulations and to maintain functionality and aesthetics;
- About the Town of Nag Head’s efforts to manage stormwater; and
- About funding available to implement stormwater improvements.
Wednesday, May 22
Thursday, May 23