The S. Memorial Ave. Drainage Replacement project is tentatively scheduled to begin the week of February 3, 2022. The project will consist of storm pipe replacement along the eastern right-of-way margin of S. Memorial Ave. spanning from the E. Bladen St./ S. Memorial Ave intersection, through to the cul-de-sac at the terminus of S. Memorial Ave. with connection to the open channel ditch immediately north of Bainbridge St.
Project sequencing is scheduled to begin at the open channel ditch, in the proximity of 3310 S. Memorial Ave., and will proceed northward towards Bladen St. The following are a list of items to expect during construction
- Pedestrian and vehicle access along the road corridor may be restricted in certain ways during ongoing construction activities.
- Excavation trenches and pits will be required to make the necessary underground connections to complete the project. These depths will typically range from 3’ to 5’ in depth and will be delineated with high-visibility measures, (i.e. safety fencing) around the limits of excavation. Open excavations will be filled immediately after the completion of work.
- Signs and barriers limiting access within the areas of construction and staging may be posted.
- Construction equipment may be placed in the public-right-of-way and along portions of the project area. Unless the contractor has made prior arrangements with you, no equipment or construction materials should be placed outside the public right-of-way and on private property.
- It is possible that customers will be without water for a short duration (typically a few hours) while this transition takes place. Property owners will be notified in advance regarding any planned service disruptions.
- Existing ground within the project area may be disturbed during the course of construction. The contractor will be responsible for re-establishing vegetation in these disturbed areas.
- Temporary surfaces within driveways, (i.e. gravel infill), will be installed in areas where storm pipe installation/ replacement is scheduled to occur. This condition may persist for extended periods of time until the finished surface of concrete or asphalt is constructed. For finish concrete surfaces, a 3-day curing time will be required.
- Town services will continue uninterrupted.
The contractor will maintain access to individual properties during construction. Updated construction progress information will be posted to the Town of Nags Head website www.nagsheadnc.gov in addition to the Notify Me e-mail notification which is available for property owners through the town website.
If you have questions concerning the scope of the upcoming work or the location of the town's right-of-way, please feel free to contact David Ryan at (252) 441-6221 during normal business hours. We will work closely with property owners and the contractor to resolve issues arising from construction in a timely manner. We thank in in advance for your patience and cooperation during construction.