In accordance with Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order 142, residential water account disconnections for nonpayment are suspended through 11:59 pm July 29, 2020. In addition, no new penalties or late fees will be applied during this time.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Executive Order 142.
Through 11:59 pm on July 29, 2020, residential water accounts:
- will not be disconnected for non-payment
- will not have new penalties for late payments imposed, or be pursued to collect on current penalties due
- will be offered a payment plan for up to 6 months (please email email@example.com to be put on a payment plan)
- will continue to be provided information about account balances
- will continue to be responsible for paying their water bills
Late payments on residential water accounts will be considered deferred, not erased. Disconnections and penalties will be reinstated July 30, 2020.
E-check, credit, and debit card fees have been temporarily waived (non-sufficient funds charges still apply) . To pay online visit https://selfservice.nagsheadnc.gov/MSS/citizens/UtilityBilling/ and have your account number available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for e-billing or to arrange automatic drafts.
Water bills can be paid via the drop box near the flag pole in front of Town Hall.