All Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Drainage Infrastructure Improvements are fully operational at this time. Any remaining punchlist items are being finalized. These projects included:
- Project Area 1: S. Virginia Dare Trail in the proximity of Red Drum Restaurant
- Project Area 2: Southern portion of the Nags Head Acres Subdivision
- Project Area 3: Village @ Nags Head along S. Virginia Dare Trail between Mall Dr. & Epstein St.
Looking ahead, three addtional Drainage Infrastructure Improvements are scheduled for FY2019-20 are as follows:
- Project Area 10: Nags Head Cove Subdivision in the proximity of Kipper Ct.: The lower-lying sections of this neighborhood have experienced localized flooding during wet weather periods due to an absence of existing stormwater infrastructure. The goal of the project is to provide connectivity to the existing storm drain network along Danube St. to frequency and depth of flooding in this neighborhood. Drainage improvements primarily consist of a drop inlet structure and conveyance network from Kipper Ct. to Danube St.. Current project status: Surveying is complete, and design development is underway.
- Project Area 12: S. Old Oregon Inlet Rd., MP 19.5. This area along S. Old Oregon Inlet Rd. is low-lying and becomes inundated following significant rainfall events. The project goal is to reduce the frequency of flooding in addition to the depth of floodwaters. Scheduled drainage improvements consist of an infiltration trench catchment network along east side of S. Old Oregon Inlet Rd. These efforts will improve effective storage below existing ground level. Current project status: Surveying and design development have been completed with construction drawing preparation currently underway.
- Proejct Area 13: S. Old Oregon Inlet Rd., MP 17.5. Sections of S. Old Oregon Inlet Rd. and the surrounding low-lying areas area frequently flooded following significant rainfall events. The low-lying topography in combination with the lack of a drainage outfall are currently the limiting factors in providing a conventional solution to this issue. Scheduled drainage improvements consist of an infiltration trench catchment network along the east side of S. Old Oregon Inlet Rd. in association with a pump station for downstream conveyance to an infiltration area. The project goal is to reduce floodwater depths and improve dewatering times for localized flooding. Current project status: Surveying and design development have been completed with construction drawing preparation currently underway.