What can I do to help address flooding?

Address stormwater at the source. Cost-effective low-impact development (LID) measures can be installed on private properties to collect and infiltrate stormwater runoff generated from hardscapes. LID practices can aid in preserving water quality through the treatment of pollutants associated with stormwater runoff. Capturing stormwater at the source can attenuate peak runoff flows and reduce the potential for downstream flooding. Assisting the Town in keeping drainageways free of debris such as leaves, grass clippings and trash can permit continued operation of the drainage system. For technical assistance related to commercial properties contact David Ryan, P.E. at 252-441-6221 or for residential properties contact one of our planners, zoning@nagsheadnc.gov. at 252-441-7016.

Show All Answers

1. How does the Town drainage system function?
2. Who do I contact to report a drainage issue?
3. What does the Town do to maintain the drainage system?
4. Why is there always water in the drainage ditch?
5. I have a drainage issue on my property, what can I do?
6. Can I fill in the ditch, swale or depression adjacent to the roadway?
7. My neighbor's stormwater runoff floods my yard! Can the Town help?
8. What can I do to help address flooding?