Who do I contact to report a drainage issue?

If your property is located along South Virginia Dare Trail, South Croatan Highway, or South Old Oregon Inlet Road, the adjoining drainage system is maintained by the North Carolina Department of Transportation. To report an issue along any of these streets, please contact NCDOT County Maintenance Engineer Jeff Ryder at 252-473-2990 or jdryder@ncdot.gov.

Nags Head Department of Public Works is responsible for maintaining drainage within Town public rights-of-way. To report an issue along a Town street, contact the Department of Public Works at 252.441.1122.

Show All Answers

1. How does the Town drainage system function?
2. Who do I contact to report a drainage issue?
3. What does the Town do to maintain the drainage system?
4. Why is there always water in the drainage ditch?
5. I have a drainage issue on my property, what can I do?
6. Can I fill in the ditch, swale or depression adjacent to the roadway?
7. My neighbor's stormwater runoff floods my yard! Can the Town help?
8. What can I do to help address flooding?