While the Town employs a full-time fire and rescue career staff, there is still a crucial need for reserve personnel. Fire and rescue relies on the important contributions of these reservists to assist career employees in providing emergency operations and support functions. The work is rewarding - you can see first hand your accomplishments, and our citizens and visitors are grateful for your help.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a medical exam including a drug test
- Must pass a background investigation
- Town-provided personal protective equipment (PPE) and uniforms
- Free Training
- Opportunity to attend the Fire Academy to become a certified by IFSTA (International Fire Service Training Association)
- Sense of satisfaction serving your community
- Receipt of incentive payments upon reaching and maintaining eligibility
- Supplemental Retirement Program through North Carolina Firemen's and Rescue Squad Pension Fund
Contact Jackie Hart at Nags Head Fire and Rescue, 252-441-5909 or via email for an application or download, print and fill out the application and return to Fire and Rescue Headquarters at 5314 S Croatan Highway.